Utah Laser Jammer Laws
Source: Utah Code, Title 41, Chapter 06a
41-6a-609. Radar jamming devices and jamming radar prohibited -- Defense -- Exceptions -- Penalties.
(1) As used in this section, "radar jamming device" means any instrument or mechanism designed or intended to interfere with the radar or any laser that is used by law enforcement personnel to measure the speed of a motor vehicle on a highway.
(2) (a) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway with a radar jamming device in the motor vehicle.
(b) A person may not knowingly use a radar jamming device to interfere with the radar signals or lasers used by law enforcement personnel to measure the speed of a motor vehicle on a highway.
(3) It is an affirmative defense to a charge under Subsection (2)(a) that the radar jamming device was in an inoperative condition or could not be readily used at the time of the arrest or citation.
(4) This section does not apply to law enforcement personnel acting in their official capacity.
(5) A person who violates this section is guilty of a class C misdemeanor.
Renumbered and Amended by Chapter 2, 2005 General Session
All information on this website is provided for informational & educational purposes only, and is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, legal advice. Although every effort has been made to assure that this information is up-to-date as of the date of publication, no warranty or representation as to its accuracy is made. Check your local regulations. Guys of LIDAR assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
For more details, see our Terms & Conditions.