Colorado Laser Jammer Laws
Source: Colorado Statutes : TITLE 4, ARTICLE 4, PART 14, 42-4-1415 Link 2
42-4-1415. Radar jamming devices prohibited - penalty.
(1) (a) No person shall use, possess, or sell a radar jamming device.
(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle with a radar jamming device in the motor vehicle.
(2) (a) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" means any active or passive device, instrument, mechanism, or equipment that is designed or intended to interfere with, disrupt, or scramble the radar or laser that is used by law enforcement agencies and peace officers to measure the speed of motor vehicles. "Radar jamming device" includes but is not limited to devices commonly referred to as "jammers" or "scramblers".
(b) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" shall not include equipment that is legal under FCC regulations, such as a citizens' band radio, ham radio, or any other similar electronic equipment.
(3) Radar jamming devices are subject to seizure by any peace officer and may be confiscated and destroyed by order of the court in which a violation of this section is charged.
(4) A violation of subsection (1) of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense, punishable as provided in section 42-4-1701 (3) (a) (II) (A).
(5) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to peace officers acting in their official capacity.
Source: L. 2005: Entire section added, p. 340, § 1, effective July 1.
All information on this website is provided for informational & educational purposes only, and is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, legal advice. Although every effort has been made to assure that this information is up-to-date as of the date of publication, no warranty or representation as to its accuracy is made. Check your local regulations. Guys of LIDAR assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
For more details, see our Terms & Conditions.